In May 2009 nine substances have been added under the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants. At the expiry of one year after the communication the amendments adopted by the Conference of the Parties entered into force on 26th August 2010.
The following substances have been added to Annexes A, B or C of the Convention:
1. Alpha hexachlorocyclohexane
2. Beta hexachlorocyclohexane
5. Hexabromodiphenyl ether and heptabromodiphenyl ether (commercial octabromodiphenyl ether)
8. Perfluorooctane sulfonic acid, its salts and perfluorooctane sulfonyl fluoride
9. Tetrabromodiphenyl ether and pentabromodiphenyl ether (commercial pentabromodiphenyl ether)
Go to: www.chemsec.org