> Instructions CS Database
Instructions CS Database
You can find more elaborate instructions in the MANUAL for the case study database.
Dear SUBSPORT partners, this page is a guide to explain to you the Case Study Database and some new website features. In case you might not be able to find your login data please contact Steffen.
1) Your way to the entry form for case studies or for documents
1. Login for the WordPress content management system (CMS) at http://www.subsportplus.eu/login
→ This will lead you to the ‘Dashboard‘ of the WordPress CMS (backend)
(If you are already logged in just follow the link above then click on ‘Dashboard’ written in red)
2a. To go to the entry form for case studies, click on ‘Case Studies‘ in the WordPress navigation bar at the top of the page
(or follow this link to http://www.subsportplus.eu/wp-admin/admin.php?page=casestudies)
→ This leads you to the ‘Manage Case Studies‘ page (case study administration)
2b. To go to the entry form for documents, place the cursor over the menu item ‘Case Studies’ (without clicking on it) and select ‘Case Studies Doc‘ from the pop-up window
(or follow this link to http://www.subsportplus.eu/wp-admin/admin.php?page=casestudies_doc)
3. Click the ‘Add New Item‘ button to open the entry form
2) Change between frontend (website) and backend (WordPress CMS)
Frontend to backend:
- When you login you directly enter the backend (‘Dashboard‘) .
- If you are already logged in please click on ‘Login‘ at the very end of the closed area of the navigation bar on the left side of the website. Then click on ‘Dashboard‘.
Backend to frontend:
- Click on ‘SUBSPORT – Substitution Support Portal‘ in the top left corner of the WordPress CMS to go to the website frontend
3) Case study administration ‘Manage Case Studies’
Below you can find a screenshot of the case study administration (click to enlarge).
The following administrative information is displayed:
- ID: 5-digit identification code (3-digit consecutive numbering with leading zeros to identify the case study plus the language code to identify the language version)
- Data Type: case study (general section), case study (specific section) or document
- Draft – the responsible project partner is still working on it
- Review – case study can be reviewed by the cross-checking project partner
- Checked – case study was cross-checked and is ready for publication through the responsible project partner
- Published – case study was published and is now accessible for the user
- Resp. PP: Initials of the responsible project partner
- Check. PP: Initials of the cross-checking project partner
- Date Created
- Last Modified
Each heading is clickable to sort the case study datasets accordingly.
4) How to enter case study data using the entry form
The entry form contains fields with four different formats represented in the screenshot below (click to enlarge):
- Simple text field: to enter a short text up to 128 characters (e.g. identification code)
- Text area: to enter a longer text with some basic formating options (e.g. title)
- Drop down menu for a single selection (e.g. reliability phrase)
- Drop down menu with multiple selection options (e.g. sector or R phrases)
All drop down menus can be edited, please ask Steffen.
SAVE the case study data
- To SAVE the case study please scroll down to the very end of the entry form and click the ‘Add New Item‘ button.
- The entry form will for security reasons time out after around 30 min. All data that are not saved will then be lost.
Please do NOT paste any formated text from Word or other text processing programmes directly into the entry form.
- Paste the formated text into a simple text editor. This results in the loss of text formating.
- Then copy the plain text from the text editor and paste it finally into the entry form.
Several fields are only for internal use and will not be published.
Please take special care when you enter data into the following fields:
- Identification code: At first have a look at the case study administration what the highest assigned number is so far. Then please enter the next consecutive number into the field followed by the language code according to the database field ‘Language’. The ID format should be like 001-EN.
- Permalink: will be generated automatically
- Based on case study: when you translate an already existing case study please select this ‘original’ case study from the list.
- Cross-checking project partner: according to quality management handbook
- Evaluation (short): this field could contain a short summary of the alternatives assessment
- Hazard assessment, Occupational safety…, Technological description, Organizational measures, Cost, Case evaluation: these fields could contain the detailed assessment (could be presented as a table)
- The following fields in combination with (internal use) – Hazard assessment, Occupational safety…, Technological description, Organizational measures, Cost, Case evaluation: these fields will not be published. Here we can enter any data relevant for our assessment to share them with all partners.
6 ) Your way to the ‘Advanced Search’ function and the presentation of case study data
7) Simple entry form for case studies
Users can submit case study data directly on the SUBSPORT website using a simple entry form at http://www.subsportplus.euentry-form. We receive these data as an e-mail. German, French and Spanish language versions are also available.
8) Feedback form
Users can provide feedback using the online-version of the questionnaire that we also sent to the stakeholders at the beginning of this year. Go to http://www.subsportplus.eufeedback-form. We receive these data as an e-mail.